Back with another Harbinger Tank! Been trying to get this set working on more than just a necromancer and here we have it. The build has a seriously fun playstyle and focuses on damage pressure and debuffs. I really like the style of play this one encourages as it favours movement as opposed to the necromancers plug the gap and hold block style
I don't use poisons on this build yet, but if I was going to I'd use Escapists Poison IX (Bugloss, Columbine, Namiras Rot) on Front Bar, this immobilises enemies and gives us immunity and also drains health and magicka from the enemy. I'd also use a variant Escapists Poison IX (Mountain Flower, Columbine, Namiras Rot) on Back Bar, exactly the same but replaces the stamina drain with magicka on the back bar.
1pc Chudan/Pirate Skeleton (Medium) this just pushes our resistances a bit more, there's nothing really more to it.
1pc Malacaths Band of Brutality (Pushes our damage a bit more, useful as we don't stack critical anyway being a health tank in nearly full heavy armour, so this just helps us do some competitive damage)
2pc Vateshrans Frost Staff (Backbar) This is a beast, it applies so much pressure with ramping damage per tick up to 20% extra damage as long as we stay in range, combined with the pressure we already apply from Harbinger and weakness to elements already lowering target resistance and giving us magickasteal, it's a great combo. The effect also stays no matter which bar we're on, so we can switch to our front bar where we have...
5pc Eternal Vigor (Front Bar) we top out at about 1.2k magicka and stamina recovery with this active and as long as we're about 50% health, below 50% health and combined with bewitched sugar skulls, we hit about 2k health recovery per tick. It's a nice set for sustain which lends itself perfectly to keeping ourselves in the fight and dealing sustained damage with...
5pc Thews of the Harbinger (Armour) you're probably sick of it by now...but it's that horrible cheese set again! The set is by no means op, but you can drop players who aren't focused with ease, and it provides a lot of pressure, forcing enemies to retreat, rethink or waste resources healing.
Traits: I go for a mix of Impenetrable and Sturdy for reduced block cost, we don't need to push high health on this one as much as with the Necromancer as wardens have an incredible amount of sustain, so there's no need for any infused or divines etc. Weapons, I usually go with infused on front and back bar and jewellery infused.
Enchants: As usual, absorb stamina on back bar and absorb magicka on front bar, allows us to switch to a magicka bar to regain stamina and vice versa. Jewellery Enchants are all block cost reduction, this reduced the amount of stamina (Front bar) and magicka (back bar frost staff) we have to spend blocking. All armour is health enchants.
1. Gripping Shards (3 Second Immobilize and Reduced Enemy Speed) Damage scales with Max Health
2. Polar Wind (Provides a nice burst heal for ourselves and one Ally) Small amount of damage output whilst effect persists
3. Corrupting Pollen (Major Defile, a huge 16% debuff to enemy healing as long as they're stood in the AOE, combine this with siege or co-ordinated ultimate drops and it's lethal)
4. Defensive Stance (Reduces Block Cost and increases blockable damage by 10% as well as a free projectile reflect)
5. Deceptive Predator (Gives us a nice 10% reduction to AOE effects just for slotting, and Major Expedition on casting can help get you out of some tight situations)
Ulti. Shield Discipline (Automatically block all attacks at no cost for 8 seconds, and free 1h and shield abilities for 8 seconds, drop it and spam Defensive Stance, 8 seconds of glorious immortality!)
1. Elemental Drain (Major Breach, Minor Magickasteal for 22 seconds, and procs that tasty vateshran staff! Keep that pressure up!!!
2. Shimmering Shield (MASSIVE projectile absorber, up to 58k over three projectiles, also restores magicka and generates ultimate on every projectile hit)
3. Leeching Vines (Small Heal over Time for ourselves or an Ally, as soon as an enemy hits whoever has it cast on them, they get minor lifesteal, benefitting everyone who hits them, buff your allies to debuff your enemies to heal your allies!)
4. Ice Fortress (24 Second boost to resistances for the group and minor protection for us, gets us close to the mitigation cap (I top out around 47% on front bar with this up) minor protection reduces damage taken by 5%
5. Bull Netch (We get a lot of magicka recovery from various skills, listed above, so the netch takes care of the stamina side, 25 seconds of stamina recovery (totalling about 4.2k) and a free negative effect removed every 5 seconds
Ulti. Northern Storm (Deals frost damage every second for 8 seconds, reduced enemy movement speed by 40% and increases our max Magicka by 15% for 30 seconds! We also help allies out with Major Protection, reducing damage by 10%)