05 Feb 2022 19:31
ShuntyXX
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Topic Author
The Hurricane Warrior - A Stamina Sorcerer Guide #126558
Greetings Alith!

The recent hybridization patch, along with the upcoming combat changes, has opened up quite a few new possibilities to enjoy our favorite classes. Coincidentally, I've also found myself with a fair bit of free time on my hands, in-between looking for a new job. So, I decided to do a few guides/showcases of builds I've been working on and playing for the past months.

Now, a couple of disclaimers first; and these go for pretty much all the builds I am going to post in the near future:

1. The builds are NOT min-maxed for extreme high-end content. While, depending on your comfort level with the base class itself, the builds perform great in group content, including veteran difficulty (tested by yours truly) , they are by no means optimized.

2. The builds are HEAVILY centered around a thematic concept. Expanding on point one a bit more, my choice of sets and most skills is primarily dictated by a chosen theme or archetype I want my character to fit in. As such, apart from sets and some skills and CP slottables that serve as the backbone of a particular build, the remaining character customization is up to you. Naturally, some choices are better than others in terms of performance, and I will point those out in the relevant sections, however, for these types of builds, I generally go with personal flavor over performance.

3. While I want these builds to be as effective as possible, while sticking to the overall theme, you will still find some skills here and there that don't contribute to said theme that much. If you do decide to try out a particular build and do not like the less-flavorful skills, feel free to swap them out with something of your liking. Most of them neither make or break the build, and I'll try to provide as many alternatives as possible.

With that out of the way, here is the showcase of my "Hurricane Warrior" sorcerer.

1. Overview:

At its heart, the hurricane warrior is essentially a battlemage. While some people spend their lifetime buried in ancient texts, bending the elements to their will, or cohorting with daedra, others prefer to dedicate their entire existence to perfecting their martial prowess, becoming unmatched masters of their chosen weapon. Hurricane warriors are students of both philosophies, blending their physical and magical abilities into something entirely unique - a discipline utilizing both spell and steel, sometimes even channeling the arcane might of the warrior through the physical extension that is their weapon.

What sets apart hurricane warriors from the rest of the magi order, however, is their inherent connection to storm and wind. They summon powerful gusts of wind to aid in combat, call lightning to hurt their enemies, and ride the tempests, fighting as the embodiment of the destructive force of hurricanes and storms. This strong attunement to storm and wind also allows hurricane warriors to summon the power of storm atronachs to devastate enemy lines, and even bend the will of lesser daedra to assist in battle.

2. Race, mundus, and consumables:

2.1 Race:
In terms of class flavor, when considering a race for my characters, I use the following guiding question, which generally ties into my character's backstory as well: Where does my character's power to control storm and wind come from? The warrior might have inherited the power from a half-giant storm caller or another inherently magical creature somewhere in their lineage. Maybe they have discovered how to control the air with the help of an ancient predecessor they strongly revere. Or maybe they were trained by a magical order or an old sword-singer master. These ideas generally push me towards different races, be it orc/nord/imperial, dunmer, reguard.

In terms of performance, the strongest races for stamina characters at the moment seem to be dunmer, orc, and khajit. Bosmer, imperial, and redguard are not too far behind. However, unless really trying to min-max, the other races are fine as well, and your choice will mostly depend on how much sustain you are comfortable with or just flavor reasons.

2.2 Mundus Stone:

For mundus stone, The Thief is the way to go for most content you will take part in. If you decide to use this build in a trial setting, and the trial group is not optimized around maximizing penetration, then you can consider switching to The Lover for the run.

2.3 Food Buffs:

As for food, you get the most damage by using a bi-stat food. All of the options bellow provide the same stats, just require different ingredients if you cook the food by yourself.

Sticky Pork and Radish Noodles – White Meat(1) + Radish(2) + Flour(3)
Garlic Cod with Potato Crust – Fish(1) + Potato(2) + Garlic(3)
Braised Rabbit with Spring Vegetables – Small Game(1) + Greens(2) + Seasoning(3)

If you have trouble with sustain and feel safe with a lower hp pool, you can also use Lava Foot Soup-and-Saltrice, also known as the 'parsing food' for stamina characters. Generally, you should have a less-harder time using this food than most other stamina classes, as the Expert Summoner passive in the Daedric Summoning gives you an 8% boost to your health pool.

Lava Foot Soup-and-Saltrice – Flour(1) + Potato(1) + Saltrice(1) + Scrib Jelly(1)

Finally, for a nice middle-ground between damage and sustain, you can go with either of the foods bellow. The Artaeum Takeaway Broth gives you better stats by a rather small margin, but is also quite a bit more expensive than the Dubious Camoran Throne.

Artaeum Takeaway Broth – Fish(20) + Torchbug Thorax(5) + Powdered Mother Of Pearl (5)
Dubious Camoran Throne – White meat(1) + Beetle Scuttle(1) + Insect Parts(1) + Guts(1)

2.4 Potions:

For potions, the best ones to use by far are the Weapon Power Potions, providing you with Major Brutality, Major Savagery, stamina recovery bonus, and flat stamina return.

Weapon Power Potions – Dragonthorn + Blessed Thistle + Wormwood + Lorkhan’s Tears

As for alternatives, you can use Alliance Battle Draught potions, sold for gold or alliance points in Cyrodil or Battlegrounds Supplies Merchants in most major towns, or just at guild stores. They provide the same buffs, both in terms of strength and nearly the same duration.

You can also use Essence of Potent Stamina potions, obtained from either world drops while having Bastian Hallix active, or bought at guild stores. They are nearly the same as Alliance Battle Draught, except they only provide you with Major Brutality and the stamina return is a bit lower. This means that you will have to find another source of Major Savagery, mainly from skills.

Finally, you can use a normal Essence of Stamina, found as world drops or at any General Goods Merchant. This would mean that you will have to find sources for both Major Brutality and Major Savagery, and moving some skills around, but is definitely the cheapest option overall, and very worth it for some easier content.

3. Attributes

As a Stamina DPS character, you should put all of your attribute points into stamina. Food choice, alongside the aforementioned Expert Summoner passive, generally provide a good-enough health buffer, in the case that you need it.
One class - two flavors

At this part, this showcase splits into two different sub-classes for the build. For the most part, they utilize mostly the same gear and skills, with some differences in morphs, champion point slottables, and, most importantly, flavor!

4. Steel Wind Warrior
Steel Wind Warriors mimic the movement of the cyclones in fight, flowing with the wind to deliver either fast consecutive or powerful circular attacks. The underlining class fantasy for steel wind warriors is one of fast and agile fighters, that use the power of wind to enhance their physical attributes and deal damage to enemies.

4.1 Champion points

Warfare (Blue tree):
Master-At-Arms
Fighting Finesse
Deadly Aim
Biting Aura

Additionally, you're also looking to get 20 points in both Tireless Discipline andEldritch Insight as fast as possible, after which, prioritize filling out the whole Extended Might sub-tree except for Weapons Expert.

Fitness (Red tree):
Boundless Vitality
Celerity
Bloody Renewal
Fortified

Out of these, Celerity is the most important for the build. If you need you feel like you won't get that much out of Bloody Renewal, consider switching to Rejuvenation. Sustained by Suffering is also a good choice, as you'll find yourself under a negative status effect relatively often. Non-sustain alternatives include Spirit Mastery for resurrecting your groupmates faster, or Expert Evasion/Slippery in case that you need to Roll Dodge/Break free regularly.

Craft (Green tree):
These are mostly down to personal preference, as they do not really impact combat for the most part. The layout I generally go with is
Rationer
Liquid Efficiency
Steed's Blessing
The final slottable depends on what I am doing at the particular moment. Treasure Hunter for more loot from chests, Meticulous Disassembly if I'm refining or deconstructing items for materials, and so on.

4.2 Gear

This particular build does not use a monster set. Instead, we have 5 pieces of Relequen and 5 pieces of Tzogvin, on body and jewelry. In general, it does not matter, which piece goes where as they'll both be active 100% of the time. However, if you decide to try out any of the other variations listed here, following the writeup bellow is the way to go. Using Arms Of Relequen here is rather self-explanatory – aside from being one of the strongest damage sets in the game, the set also makes your light and heavy attacks summon a gust of harmful winds to damage your target, perfectly matching our class fantasy. As for Tzogvin's Warband, while it is one of the meta dps sets at the moment, it might look a weird pick for the build thematically. That is, until you realize that Warlord Tzogvin is somewhat of a battlemage himself, using conjured weapons throughout the fight, that, in turn, allow him to utilize a variety of magic-based attacks. Chaotic Whirlwind and Thunderous Volley round up the build – Chaotic Whirlwind, alongside Hurricane, turns us into the deadly, steel wind devil on the battlefield, suplemented by the endless arrow barrage provided by Thunderous Volley.

Arms of Relequen / Perfected Arms of Relequen Cloudrest DLC trial / Perfected version drops from the veteran difficulty of the trial – Chest, Hands, Legs, Waist, Feet – All Divines and Stamina enchants.

Tzogvin's Warband Frostvault DLC dungeon – Jewelry, Shoulders, Head – Divines and Stamina enchants on Head and Shoulders slots. Jewelry slots are a bit more flexible. Bloodthirsty is the most optimal trait for most content, however, Infused and Robust are not that far behind. For jewelry enchats, we use increase physical damage on all three.

Chaotic Whirlwind / Perfected Chaotic Whirlwind Asylum Sanctorium DLC trial / Perfected version drops from the veteran difficulty of the trial, when fighting both the minibosses with the main boss – Our front-bar dual-wield weapon set. Casting Whirlwind in combat gives us a stacking movement speed and damage buff, increasing in potency the higher movement speed we have. As such, keeping up hurricane active at all times in combat is vital. After the 5th whirlwind cast, the duration and effect of the buff will double and subsequent casts won't refresh it until it expires. Using dual daggers – main hand nirnhoned with poison enchant, off-hand charged with fire enchant, is the most optimal way to go. Double precise swords with fire and poison enchants are another alternative. Generally however, any combination of weapons with corresponding traits/enchants should work out fine. If you want to be as close to the theme as possible, you can use lightning damage enchants on both weapons, but that will result in less damage overall, though not by a huge margin.

Thunderous Volley / Perfected Thunderous Volley Maelstrom Arena / Perfected version drops from the veteran difficulty of the arena – Our backbar weapon. This one is a lot more rigid in terms of choices. Using infused trait with Weapon Damage enchant.

4.3 Skills and basic rotation overview:

Dual Wield bar:
1) Rapid Strikes – Main spammable skill. Use when no buffs/damage-over-time effects need refreshing. You can also use Crystal Weapon or Crushing Weapn as a substitute.
2) Whirling Blades – Our area of effect spammable skill, as well as the way we activate our Chaotic Whirlwind set. Use every other skill until you reach 5 stacks. Continue without Whirling Blades, casting your main spammable and keeping up buffs/dots until the large Chaotic Whirlwind buff falls off. After which, start the Whirling Blades rotation again and repeat. I use this morph as I prefer the execute damge. Feel free to use Steel Tornado if you like the increased range and reduced cost instead.
3) Bound Armaments – A really strong buff that also matches our battlemage fantasy. Light and heavy attacks conjure a bound weapon that floats beside you, with a maximum of four bound weapons at a time. After every third skill in your rotation, perform a light attack, followed by reactivating Bound Armaments to launch all four weapons at your target.
4) Camouflaged Hunter – This just sits on our bars for all the passive bonuses we get from the Fighters guild (so be sure to level all those up), as well as a source of Minor Berserk. It also doubles up as a source for Major Savagery, so feel free to reconsider your potion choice.
5) Summon Unstable Clannfear – Our trusty clannfear companion. Does a fair bit of damage passively and has a nice heal for emergencies. The skill needs to be present on both bars, otherwise the clannfear will be unsummoned once you swap bars. If you do not enjoy playing with pets, feel free to swap it out from both bars for one of the useful skills bellow.
Ultimate – Flawless Dawnbreaker – Similarly to Camouflaged Hunter, this only sits on our bar to give us more benefits from the Fighters Guild passives. Consider using this only if your target is low enough that you won't get the full benefit of your Storm Atronach. Again, if you do not like how this skill fits with your character fantasy, you can swap it out for Suppression Field for a really good crowd-control skill with a fair bit of damage attached.

Bow bar:
1) Endless Hail – Our main backbar damage over time effect both for single target and aoe. You can also chose the other morph - Arrow Barrage , but Endless hail is generally easier to keep up and easier on your resources as well.
2) Daedric Prey – A really strong debuff that boosts the damage of our clannfear and atronach and deals an explosion for a large amount of damage once it expires. Make sure to get as many casts of this as possible, but only recast it after the explosion has gone off, otherwise it will deal no damage. If you decide to play without pets, use Haunting Curse instead.
3) Bound Armaments – Same as above. I keep this on both bars, as it also passively increases our maximum stamina and light attack damage. Activate to fire off bound weapons on front bar only.
4) Hurricane – Our signature Steel Wind Warrior spell. It's a buff on yourself that gives you Minor Expedition for increased movement speed, Major Resolve for increased defenses, and does a fair bit of damage as well. Make sure to keep this up at all times.
5) Summon Unstable Clannfear – same as front bar.
Ultimate – Summon Charged Atronach – Our go-to ultimate in most situations. Deals an insane amount of damage, boosted by Daedric Prey. Also comes with a stun attached for extra crowd-control.

Other useful skills:
Hardened Ward – Our go-to shield spell. Use when you need the extra survivability for a particular fight. Keep in mind that it uses magicka so it can't be spammed that much, however, with the new update, it scales off our maximum stamina instead.
Dark Deal – A skill that converts a bit of our magicka to restore our health and stamina. Also boots our stamina recovery by a decent amount. Use if you have issues with stamina sustain.
Critical Surge – A self-buff that heals us any time with deal a critical, with an internal cooldown of once per second. The heal is really strong and the skill also gives us Major Brutality for the duration. Consider using if you need extra healing, especially in solo content, or if you need a source of Major Brutality.
Streak – A good gap-closer. Lets us teleport around the battlefield, dealing damage and stunning any enemy we pass through. Consumes magicka, with the cost increasing after each cast within 4 seconds, so be mindful with how much you use it, lest you might run out of resources for the other magicka-based skills.
Liquid Lightning – A strong ground-based AoE spell that doubles up as a DoT. Also provides a synergy for your allies to use for some extra instant AoE damage. Consider this if you're not using the clannfear and want another DoT spell.

5. Storm Knight
Unlike Steel Wind Warriors, Storm Knights lean much more heavily into their favorite element - lightning. Feeling a much closer connection to their inherent magical abilities, they have mastered the ability to control the winds to generate lighting and thunder, being able to attack their enemies with the rage of a perfect storm.

5.1 Champion points and some extra food and potion choices:

Warfare (Blue tree):
Master-At-Arms
Fighting Finesse
Deadly Aim
Biting Aura

Additionally, as with the Steel Wind Warrior setup, you're also looking to get 20 points in both Tireless Discipline and Eldritch Insight as fast as possible, after which, prioritize filling out the whole Extended Might sub-tree except for Weapons Expert.

Fitness (Red tree):
Boundless Vitality
Siphoning Spells
Fortified
Bloody Renewal

Here, we are using Siphoning Spells to help sustain our magicka abilities in trash/add fights. You can again consider using Rejuvenation or Sustained by Suffering for extra sustain. Non-sustain alternatives include Spirit Mastery for resurrecting your groupmates faster, or Expert Evasion/Slippery in case that you need to Roll Dodge/Break free regularly.

As this particular build is a bit more heavy on the magicka spells, you might consider a couple of different food and potion choices:
- First off, we have Orzorga's Smoked Bear Haunch. Not only does this grant us increased health, but it gives boons in all recovery areas, helping us cast more of our magicka spells. It is quite expensive to make though.

Orzorga's Smoked Bear Haunch – Frost Mirriam(1) + Perfect Roe(1) + Red Meat(1) + Tomato(1) + White Cap(1)

- You can also use Longfin Pasty with Melon Sauce. It's a flat stat food that boosts all three of out stats. It is considerable cheaper to make than Orzorga's Smoked Bear Haunch, and has the same stats as the Crown Fortified Meal, so if you have a bunch of those lying around, you can use them instead. Consider using this only if you do not have issues sustaining your stamina spells.

Longfin Pasty with Melon Sauce – Fish(1) + Frost Mirriam(1) + Greens(1) + Melon(1)

You can also use tri-restoration potions with Longfin Pasty with Melon Sauce. As outlined earlier in the 'Potions' section, you will need a source for both Major Brutality and Major Savagery from your skill choices.

Tri-restoration potions – Bugloss + Columbine + Mountain Flower + Lorkhan’s Tears is one combination. Crafted at max Alchemy with all passives, they are nearly the same as the tri-restoration potions from the crown store.

5.2 Gear:

Gear for this build is again somewhat similar to the Steel Wind Warrior setup. Instead of having both Relequen and Tzogvin on all body and jewelry pieces, we instead have the Stormfist monster set on our head and shoulders slots. It deals decent over-time lightning damage, further boosted by our Energized passive, and a final large burst of physical damage. It also fits quite well with our class fantasy, as the monster set summons a large storm atronach hand from underneath the ground to crush our enemies. Other than that due to our better attunement to lightning magic, we are also using a lightning destruction staff instead of a bow on our back bar.

Stormfist – Helmet drops from the veteran version of the base game dungeon Tempest Island , the shoulders you can buy from Glirion in every Undaunted Enclave – With the monster set, you have quite a lot of freedom in terms of armor type. You can go with two medium pieces if you want the full 7 medium for the extra weapon damage, critical damage and stamina regen. You can go with two light pieces instead for more critical rating and penetration, as well as some minor magicka regen increase. You can also go with one heavy and one light to make the maximum use of the two undaunted passives - Undaunted Command and Undaunted Mettle. We use Divines and stamina enchants on both.

Arms of Relequen / Perfected Arms of Relequen Cloudrest DLC trial / Perfected version drops from the veteran difficulty of the trial – Same as the Steel Wind Warrior. Divines and stamina enchants on all piecs.

Tzogvin's Warband Frostvault DLC dungeon – For jewelry, same as with the Steel Wind Warrior. The major difference here is that we are using Tzogvin two-handed weapon. Your primary choice will come down to either using a greatsword or a maul, with greatswords giving you more sheet damage, while mauls boosting your penetration. Precise trait and fire enchant on both (you can also go lightning enchant again to be more thematically consistent, but that will result in less overall damage)

Crushing Wall / Perfected Crushing Wall Maelstrom Arena / Perfected version drops from the veteran difficulty of the arena – Keeping up with our more caster-oriented battlemage, we have a lighting destruction staff to round out the build. Similarly to the bow in the other setup, this is a lot more rigid, using an Infused trait with a weapon damage enchant.

5.3 Skills and basic rotation overview:

Two-handed weapon bar:
1) Wrecking Blow – Main spammable skill. Sticks with the fantasy of the slower, more methodical Storm Knight, using focused and powerful attacks to kill enemies. Use when no buffs/damage-over-time effects need refreshing. You can also use Crystal Weapon or Crushing Weapn as a substitute, leaning more heavily into the fantasy of a battlemage imbuing their weapon.
2) Reverse Slice – Our execute skill, as well as our main spammable when our target has bellow 35% or so heath left. You can instead use Endless Fury for maximum flavor, but you might not be able to sustain your magicka that way, if your target has a large health pool. It is still great and very flavorful in trash/add fights tough.
3) Bound Armaments – A really strong buff that also matches our battlemage fantasy. Light and heavy attacks conjure a bound weapon that floats beside you, with a maximum of four bound weapons at a time. After every third skill in your rotation, perform a light attack, followed by reactivating Bound Armaments to launch all four weapons at your target.
4) Streak – A good gap-closer. Lets us teleport around the battlefield, dealing damage and stunning any enemy we pass through. Again, works quite well with our theme of a slower fighter that trades mobility in terms of movement speed for instant teleportation. Consumes magicka, with the cost increasing after each cast within 4 seconds, so be mindful with how much you use it, lest you might run out of resources for the other magicka-based skills. Swap to Camouflaged Hunter if you are using tri-resotration potions and need a source for Major Savagery.
5) Critical Surge – A self-buff that heals us any time with deal a critical, with an internal cooldown of once per second. The heal is really strong and the skill also gives us Major Brutality for the duration. As we will be using Spell Symmetry on our staff bar, and probably fairly often at that, we need a good and reliable source of extra healing. Also doubles up as a source of Major Brutality.
Ultimate – Summon Charged Atronach – Our go-to ultimate for single target fights. Deals an insane amount of damage and provides a synergy for your allies.

Destruction Staff bar:
1) Unstable Wall of Elements – Our main backbar damage over time effect both for single target and aoe. Deals lightning damage to all enemies stood inside, boosts your light and heavy attack damage against them, and comes with a nice lightning explosion once it runs out. Casting again before the skill runs out will trigger the explosion prematurely, allowing you to do decent aoe damage to grouped up enemies, however, as magicka is not our primary attribute, you might have trouble sustaining that. You can also chose the other morph - Elemental Blockade , for the increased area and increased duration, which makes it generally easier to sustain.
2) Lightning Flood – Our second important damage over time effect to keep up. Calls down the power of lightning on a specified location, leaving a circular area of effect. Does a decent amount of damage and provides a synergy for our allies to use. Use Liquid Lightning for better magicka sustain, and prefferably, alongside Elemental Blockade, as they both last 14 seconds.
3) Bound Armaments – Same as above. I keep this on both bars, as it also passively increases our maximum stamina and light attack damage. Activate to fire off bound weapons on front bar only.
4) Boundless Storm – Again going off the theme of converting the wind element into lightning and, consequently, our signature Storm Knight spell. It's a self-buff that gives us a short Minor Expedition buff for increased movement speed, Major Resolve for increased defenses, and does a fair bit of damage as well. Make sure to keep this up at all times.
5) Spell Symmetry – Our primary way of restoring magicka, especially in cases where we can't kill weaker enemies consistently. Trades a portion of your health for instant magicka return. Make sure to cast one of your magicka abilities immediately after, as you get a substantial decrease in its cost. Use only if you know there are not focused by a lot of enemies or a boss and you know there is not going to be a major damage spike to your health.
Ultimate – Elemental Rage – Our go-to ultimate for aoe scenarios. Deals an insane amount of lightning damage, further boosted by our Biting Aura CP passive, our sorcerer Energized passive and the Destruction Staff tree passives.

Parse results and final words

Since the new patch hasn't come out yet, I will hold off on posting parses for now, seeing as how we have a bunch of skills that rely on the new scaling to be effective. I will update this section as soon as we get the new update. I am sure I've made some formatting and spelling mistakes here and there, but am too tired to look through again right now. Feel free to let me know if something stands out or if you have any questions regarding the build. And with that I bid you farewell! See you all in Tamriel!

Edit 1 : If anyone happens to know how to make mouse over tooltips from eso-hub work, please let me know!
The following user(s) said Thank You garethsarge, Bashball

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.712 seconds